DONATE

Click here to donate to the HOHCA through Twickenham Church of Christ via Paypal

Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy 7!

I am writing a special post dedicated to my amazing husband.
Today marks seven years of marriage for us.
Seven years! It almost baffles me that it has been that long.

I just wanted to take a few words to brag on Jake a little bit so that everyone would know what an amazing man he is.
The Lord really blessed me by bringing Jake into my life. He was a much better man than I ever deserved. I was young when we got married and acted like it many times. However, he was (and still is) extremely patient and kind to me. I think back to those days and feel blessed that Jake is who he is... if it were anyone else, I don't know if they'd put up with me. :)

Anyone who is married knows that there are tough years. However, we have had some TOUGH years.    Even through those times, Jake continued to show how much of a Christian man and husband he was. I firmly believe that God allows storms in our lives so that we grow closer to Him and learn to enjoy the  "sunny" times.

We now are the best we have ever been...but definitely not the best we will ever be. I am looking forward to this new adventure in our lives and know that God will bring us together in ways that we have never experienced. And I couldn't have ever asked for a better husband, partner and best friend to do it with.

Thank you Jacob Robert (Rufus) Wilson for allowing the Lord to work in you and being the man you are. You are one of my biggest inspirations to be a more Godly woman and wife. You are my best friend and my most favorite person on this earth. I love you! <3

 Our first date

July 15, 2006


 Jake is a banana for a school fundraiser in 2009.

Our 5 year anniversary

Easter 2013

*****

Just a couple quick updates...

Jake's truck sold! A family from church purchased it this week. We are so thankful that God continues to be with us, sending the people we need to help us prepare to leave for Ecuador.

Our closing date got pushed up from the 29th to the 25th! This means we can have everything taken care of before we leave...a big weight off our shoulders. Now we pray that everything with closing goes smoothly.

Summer Tour part 4 starts on Wednesday. We are spending a week in Oregon/Washington seeing my friends and family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment