DONATE

Click here to donate to the HOHCA through Twickenham Church of Christ via Paypal

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Moving on and moving forward

So many changes and events going on at once!
Only 2 more days of school left. It's is an exciting time... The kids are anxious for the summer, to get away from teachers, and spend time with friends. I (Tanya) am ready to get sleep in! I also now understand why they joke that middle school teachers automatically go to heaven! Oh my. This year has tested my patience. I thought I was generally a patient person but now I've learned how much more patience I really need!

It has also been a bit of a sad week... Saying goodbye to my students whom I've grow to love and  even those kids that somedays you just tolerate. I've developed relationships with my advanced art club kids and several teachers. Plus, packing up the room I have spent the last 187 days in gives me a bit of a sad feeling.

We also have been packing up our house. We should be closing towards the end of this week and moving into Jake's parents house for the rest of our time here. We currently eat dinner and watch TV sitting on the floor. Yes, it is a rough life.

However, it is all a constant reminder for us of what we are committing to do. God has blessed us with things like our jobs and our house. But that is not what is important in life. The Gospel and sharing it's message is. But you don't have to leave your job and selling your belongings to spread the Good News. We are all called  to "go and make disciples" (Matt. 28:19). That could mean across the world or just across your street. Just GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment